Solutions - OSS/BSS/IT Process Automation
Not all IT Process Automation solutions are the same. gen-E Resolve’s unique human-centric and next generation
“Social” approach to process automation is fundamentally changing the way companies operate today.
Resolve speeds up the adoption of IT Process Automation to easily orchestrate business critical processes across
complex heterogeneous systems and cloud environments that shifts the focus to innovation and customer service
improvements, which are key ingredients for growth in today’s business environment.
Run Book Automation (RBA) is the foundation for Resolve’s Social™ ITPA platform, which is the unique combination
of RBA and its Collaborative Operations Manager solution. gen-E defines runbooks as a collection of Automation(s),
and Action Task(s) that are designed to execute in conjunction based on an event, a user initiated request, or a time
Resolve integrates the following types of automations together:
- Passive Automation: Passive or analytical automation in which data is passively collected, converted to information
and used it for analytics from which decisions are made.
- Workflow-based Automation: Automates the workflow of IT processes and people tasks.
- Active automation: Automation in which some type of data movement, transfer or active change of managed object
(or IT service) state or runtime behavior occurs.
Resolve offers pre-defined process packs and the ability to deploy highly custom process automations within a matter
With Resolve, gen-E introduces social IT process automation (ITPA) to not only offer an entirely new class of software,
but to also define an emerging IT management discipline called Social IT Management. Resolve drives Social IT
Management practices through its Collaborative Operations Manager (COM) Solution. Resolve COM not only extend
process automation but delivers centralized and dynamic ‘knowledge automation’ with the use of Wikis.
Offered as a stand-alone solution, the Resolve Collaborative Operations Manager offers:
- An easy-to-use customizable application platform that is intended for use by knowledge experts such as help desk
analysts or process analysts.
- A portfolio of collaboration features: Dynamic forms, workflows, and tables that are implemented using the Interactive
Workflow Designer and Enterprise Social capabilities
- Content Rating and Search
- Interactive Workflow Designer
- GUI-driven database and forms builder
- Flexible workflows for dynamic business logic
- Visual editor for quick and easy knowledge document creation
- Simple drag-and drop workflow designer interface
- Builds new applications quickly
- Knowledge Packs
Delivering Layers of Complex Event Processing, Intelligence and Orchestration through
IT Process Automation.
Resolve™ Event Management Automation (EMA) provides engineering teams with the capability to immediately diagnose,
triage and remediate event-reported issues using synchronous automation. Specifically designed for use by communication
service providers, enterprises and utilities, Resolve EMA addresses the critical void left by existing event management systems,
which lack the mechanism to group, process and take action on events against a pre-defined framework. Based on a uniquely
designed event catalog, the solution automates hundreds of routine operational tasks by integrating with leading fault and
performance management and trouble ticketing systems.